Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has powerful enhancements to the task recorder functionality. Particularly the ability to save task recordings specific processes in the Business Process Modeler of Lifecycle Services.
Task Recording Setup
Saving task recordings to LCS is a great way to confirm testing of business processes, as well as create clear documentation that is easily available to all system users through Task recorder’s “Open from Lifecycle Services” playing functionality
To do this, however, it is first necessary for each user’s system to be linked to LCS.
Task guide parameter – Linking to LCS
Goto System administration > Setup > System parameters – Help
Users will be able to see and select the LCS project in the parameter above provided the following:
- The user needs to have the same tenant as the Lifecycle Services project.
If the company’s email is @companyxyz.com, the user’s login needs to end in @companyxyz.com.
- The user needs to be a part of the LCS project.
- The user needs to directly login to the LCS project at least once.
- Provided the above conditions are satisfied, the project should be available in the user’s configuration.
Slightly more technically speaking:
- Any user not part of the primary customer organization cannot see task guides and gets errors logged to message window every time they open the help pane – it does not matter whether or not they are part of the LCS project.
- Any user that is part of the customer’s O365 organization that has never logged into LCS cannot see task guides and gets errors logged to message window every time they open the help pane.
- A user that is part of the customer’s O365 organization that has logged into LCS but who is not part of the project can see any Microsoft task guides, but cannot see ones that are in a Corporate BPM model that is part of the project.
- A user that is part of the customer’s O365 organization and a member of the LCS project can see all task guides from the project’s Corporate Library.